Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good evening, bookish girls. I hope you have been well these past weeks since our last discussion. We are excited to be posting questions for Malcolm Gladwell's Blink in just a few days.

Tonight however, Kelly and I are pleased to announce that fellow reader and bookish girl, Carol, be leading the discussion this time around.

Carol and I served as missionaries together on Temple Square some (undisclosed) number of years ago. It didn't take long for me to realize that Carol was brilliant, charming and very funny.

Today Carol lives in Arizona with her husband and four beautiful children. She loves to sew, garden and bake... and she especially loves to try new recipes. She also enjoys to craft, particularly with her children.

Carol works as a curriculum editor. Among other endeavors, she writes and edits for www.ikeepsafe.org, a website that provides parents, teachers and policymakers with resources for teaching children how to use technology safely. This past summer, she edited classroom materials for Signing Time.

A couple of months ago I had the chance to catch up with Carol in San Francisco. I had a wonderful time reminiscing with her... and just as on the Square all those (still undisclosed) number of years ago, Carol proved to me that she is very much still brilliant, still charming and still very, very funny.

Thanks, Carol, for agreeing to be our first brave reader to lead a discussion. We're looking forward to it!

p.s. I will write equally complimentary posts of no less than three paragraphs for all future bookish girls who agree to lead book discussions. If that is not enticement enough, I will throw in cookies.

p.s.s. OK, seriously, if you'd like to lead a future discussion please email me at the address given on the sidebar. I'll still send cookies.

3 comments:

  1. Carol,

    Please don't judge me too harshly for my poorly constructed sentences and misplaced/overused commas! Knowing that you're an editor has me sweating in my jammies right now as I type!

    With love and lots of extra commas from a former sista,,,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Very funny, Melissa! This is the internet! I thought we didn't have to use correct punctuation here (not that you have anything to worry about).

    Thanks for the great intro. I'll see you your commas,,, and raise you three more,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fabulous intro. Maybe I'll volunteer to lead a future discussion for the sole purpose of getting an awesome 3 paragraph biography ... it would be awesome, right? I'm excited for the discussion.

    ReplyDelete