Friday, October 9, 2009


So, Blink it is! I'm excited. Especially because a copy is already waiting for me on the hold shelf of the library. (I didn't personally vote... but I was kind of rooting for Blink, I must admit.)

Look for some questions to pop up here on November 9th.

And... happy reading!

p.s. I'm reading A Christmas Carol with my real-life book club in a couple of months. I thought it might be fun to start some discussion for it here, too. I'll likely put some questions up around the middle of December?

Do any of you think you'd be interested in reading along? We are all so familiar with the story, I know. But I've always said that knowing the plot can't ruin a truly well-written book. I think of almost any book that I can think of this particular one will put that theory to the test. Let me know what you think...

8 comments:

  1. I added A Christmas Carol to my queue. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read Blink! I own it already and am happy to have people with whom to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, can I borrow your copy when you're done if it's a fast read? Or should I stop being lazy and just go get my own copy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should totally take my copy... I'll save it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, thanks! Just let me know when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll send for mine in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would it be too much, taking on both Gladwell books? I suspect some thematic similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered if we shouldn't take on both Gladwell books too, at one point... I bet they're easy reads. But that was before I found out that I was 84th in line to get Outliers from the library. Ha! (I'm now 60th, so I think it goes fast... but still! Jeesh!)

    I definitely think anyone who wants to draw on Outliers in the discussion totally should?... I'll definitely be reading it as soon as I get it. That may or may not be before November 9th.

    I just picked up Blink today. It's already fun.

    ReplyDelete