Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One of the things we worried about with The Tender Bar, neither of us having read it before, was content.

In fact, content is something we worry about on some level with most books we present to you on Bookish Girl. Every reader is different... Some more sensitive than others, and I mean this in the most positive way. Sometimes I worry that I'm not sensitive enough to content and that I tolerate too much in the name of art and in seeking empathy for human experience outside of my own through books.

Kelly and I both started The Tender Bar and we both feel it warrants a "reader beware", which likely isn't a huge surprise to you given the book's setting. Nevertheless, we make it official. Reader beware.

Happy reading and we hope to see you back here again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment