Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thanks for voting! The Help by Kathryn Stockett has been chosen as our next book. I just finished it last week and I really enjoyed it. A lot. I think you will too.

A couple of things, though...

First, if you're relying on your local library to furnish you a copy it might be tricky getting one very soon. Beg, borrow or steal if you must. Or purchase? Yeah, I guess you could just buy it.

Second, this book is an easy read. I only mention this because I'm going to reference this fact in the future when you're reading Atlas Shrugged and plotting my death. I'll be all like, "Yeah, but remember when I let you read The Help? Get back to work."

To which you reply, "You're not the boss of me."

It's an awkward exchange but then I remind you that questions will be posted for The Help on March 22nd and we move on.

Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. I saw Lisa's suggestion about requesting the large print version of the book. Thanks, Lisa. I actually expect that book within the next couple of days because of that hint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect-I just finished it a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL You are so hilarious, Melissa!! I'll get that book one way or another. Right now I am about 343rd of 440 at the library for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti- Yay! Just remember the book looks a lot longer with large print! :)

    ReplyDelete